Commissioned by paper industry magnate Lucius Fisher for his office headquarters, the neo-Gothic inspired Chicago Landmark building was originally built in 1896 by D.H. Burnham & Company. After an addition was added in 1907, it became one of the tallest and most elegant buildings in the country. By the 1990’s, the building had outlived its usefulness and had fallen into a state of disrepair until it was restored and converted to residential use in early 2000. The highly complex restoration included the replacement of 6,000 pieces of terra cotta, the recreation of both original main entries, and the repair and replacement of 1,200 existing wood windows. On the interior, existing marble walls and floors, mosaic tile floors, and extensive mahogany trim molding and doors were also repaired and faithfully restored.
14,000 SF Retail/Commercial
Chicago Landmark Award for Preservation Excellence, from the Commission on Chicago Landmarks
Best Restoration, from the Friends of Downtown, Chicago